Thursday 8 March 2012

Hospex--Day 3

Yet another fantastic day! I spent all this morning in orthopaedic surgery, observing a hip replacement, followed by knee replacement. This surgery was very different to the delicate surgery I observed yesterday in OMF. It was fascinating to be able to see in detail the way these operations are done and even hold pieces of bone that the surgeon had sawed off, to be replaced.

In these past few days, I have learnt vast amounts, but the main thing that I will take away from this experience, is that in the future I certainly want to follow the career path of a surgeon. The human body never ceases to amaze me and having the opportunity to just observe surgery over the past few days as been a extraordinary, let alone being able to perform it myself sometime in the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment